[gmx-users] lipid bilayer: really no way to build it using GENCONF ??

Luca Mollica mollica.luca at hsr.it
Thu Jul 10 12:08:01 CEST 2003

> I'm not quite clear about your question?
> Have you been able to build the monolayer with genconf, or are
> you asking if it is possible?

I've been able to build the SINGLE layer, I was asking if it was
possible to build in a straightforward manner a DOUBLE layer. Using
genconf, I can only build two layers one over the other one, but
isooriented, not correctly oriented....

> If you have the monolayer and the lipids are aligned properly to
> one of the box axis  it might be possible to make a bilayer from that
> using some awk- or perl-scripting.

Ah! Nice solution to the problem....I'll try this solution right NOW!!!

Thank you!

best regards