[gmx-users] VMD and doubleprecision trajectories

Luca Mollica mollica.luca at hsr.it
Tue Jul 15 15:34:01 CEST 2003

Dear all users,

I'm using VMD in order to visualize both protein structures and
trajectories from Molecular Dynamics simulations(performed using GROMACS
3.1.4, .trr format).
But I have a problem: I am able only to visualize trajectories
calculated in single precision, but I hadn't find yet a way to visualize
double precision ones. To do so, I can only use the internal
GROMACS not OpenGL based display(ngmx program).
Is there a solution to this problem(e.g., VMD tools & patches)? Or do I
have only to use GROMACS display for double precision trajectories?

Thank you in advance

LM

Luca Mollica
Dulbecco Telethon Institute (Protein Structure Laboratory)
c/o Cellular and Molecular Neurobiology
DIBIT-HSR,Via Olgettina 58
20132 Milano (Italy)

Tel: 0039-02-26434824