[gmx-users] Gromacs + openmosix ? Will this work?

Mike Grommet mgrommet at elucidations.net
Sat Jul 19 06:02:01 CEST 2003

I'm pretty new to clustering, and all, so I apologize in advance if this is a silly question.

Is it possible to run gromacs in an openMosix cluster so that it takes advantage of the multiple machines?

I tried getting it working on a couple of redhat systems running an openMosix kernel.  When I ran the tutorial example, I didn't see any processes migrate around the cluster.  So I'm wondering if it just flat out won't work, or maybe I don't have things configured right on the cluster.

So, is there anyone running gromacs + openMosix?
Is there anything special I need to do to make this work so that the servers will share the load?

If an openMosix cluster isn't what I need to do clustering with gromacs, what would you guys suggest?  I didn't see much on the website, but I need a cluster :)