[gmx-users] (no subject)

Itamar Kass ikass at cc.huji.ac.il
Sun Jul 20 12:57:01 CEST 2003

    Dear all, I am trying to simulate a peptide in a DMPC bilayer.  The
DMPC system was taken from Dr. Tieleman site (thank you Dr. Tieleman).
Using the modification of gromacs from Dr. Graham Smith (thank you
also) I created a hole in the lipid.  I used two runs, one with hfm+10
and the second with hfm+100, were the base was an image of the
protein’s surface produced using MSM.
   Later, I inserted the peptide into the lipid, and added some Na ions.
  The problem arose when I tried to minimize the system.  The
minimization did not crashed, but the position restrained simulation
afterward crashed.  When I looked upon the protein structure after
minimization, I saw that although the helix bundle structure kept, the
amino acids are not connect any more.  Using PROCHECK I found
non-native bond length and angles.
   I used ffgmx_lipids force field, is it O.K.?  I also activated at the
grompp stage the –sort –shuffle flags, is it wrong?  Does Someone have
an idea of what wrong or how can I over come the problem?

Computers are like airconditioners... They don't work well with Windows
open.

http://www.ls.huji.ac.il/~membranelab/itamar/itamar_homepage.html