[gmx-users] Simulated annealing

Marc Ceruso mceruso at physbio.mssm.edu
Wed Jul 30 21:10:01 CEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Osmany Guirola Cruz wrote:

> Thanks again Xavier,
> I have this problem:
> I have a peptide whit unknown structure, whit "modeler" i  get 10
> diferents structures of my peptide, and then.....
> i use SA whith the ten models to obtain a "superminimized structure" but
> my final structures are NOT similar
How long is the peptide? Why do you think that your structures should be
similar? In any case, if the peptide is small let's say 1-40 amino acids
chances are that its structure in solution is not unique, but in any case
the similiraty within your ensemble will depend on the strength of the
restraints used to generate the structures. If the homology of your
peptide/protein is low the constraints will be loose reflecting the lack
of empirical knowlege regarding your sequence, in others reflecting the
uncertainty in the structure.