[gmx-users] more than 2 step*.pdb files?

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Jun 4 10:55:02 CEST 2003

Hi All,

My run of protein, ligand and water crashed, leaving three step*.pdb
files, in stead of the two (crash and pre-crash) that I expect. What
is more, there are three backup files (#step*.pdb.[12]#), one for one
of the step*.pdb and two for another. I'm running on 6 CPU's, so it
seems it is connected to the paralellism, maybe all CPU's think it
is their job to write the files? If so, they should be marked by CPU
#, so they don't overwrite each other.

Anyone had this before?

A coleague of mine had encountered this error before, but now I see it
myself also (for the first time). His system is a bilayer, receptor and
water and he gets many step*.pdb files (tens, or more). I'm not sure
how many CPU's he uses. In his case, this has resulted in a full disk
at least once, so there is a problem.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
| \_/ \_/ | | | Room P275  Tel: +31 20 44 47608  Fax: +31 20 44 47610 |
|             | "Engage" (J.L. Picard)                                |