[gmx-users] implementation of charges from QM

B. Nick ANick at t-online.de
Thu Jun 5 13:45:01 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I have to do MD with a small organic molecule
showing some unusual atom groups. To have "good"
charges for the specific atoms I got values
from QM that I now want to implement into the
OPLS-AA force field. I wonder that the new, QM
derived charges are about twice as large as the
charges of similar atom groups of the OPLS-AA
force field. Is there a specific procedure to
implement QM results to force fields, so that
the new electrostatic fit with the rest of the
parameter?

Thanks for any suggestions,
Gitta

--