[gmx-users] Re: AMBER force-field in GROMACS

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Tue Jun 10 08:59:04 CEST 2003

Pratul K. Agarwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking through the mail archives and I found that you
> introduced some scripts to convert AMBER parameters to
> GROMACS format. I was wondering if you got it to work (you
> mentioned something about impropers being off). I would
> appreciate if you could update me on status of AMBER force
> field in GROMACS.

The answer is fairly simple: I have not done anything on it since my
last post. IIRC, that included some scripts that do a (partial)
automatic conversion from the Amber forcefield files to the Gromacs
file formats. The reason I didn't do anything is that Vijay Pande
(or someone in his group) is working on an Gromacs implementation of
the Amber forcefield also. Since I didn't need it right away, I did
not want to spend the time ;-)

Anyway, you can either use my scripts as they are, and fix the (many?)
remaining details manually, or wait for a next release of Gromacs that
may already have the Amber ff included.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |