[gmx-users] How is the difference between Spartan and Gromacs

Christoph Freudenberger christoph.freudenberger at chemie.uni-ulm.de
Thu Jun 12 08:19:00 CEST 2003

Albert Sun wrote:
>     Dear Gromacs users
>
>     Are you familiar with Spartan? if yes, appreciate if you could
>     tell the major difference between the Spartan and Gromacs?

Spartan does quantum chemistry and molecular mechanics, gmx does molecular dynamics.

>     How is the function and friendness of Spartan,
With Spartan you don't have to know what you are doing...
but if you wanted to know it, it wouldn't let you find out. SCNR

> can Spartan do
>     Molecular dynamics simulation for polymer?
No

--
Christoph Freudenberger
Abt. Organische Chemie I AK Siehl - Uni Ulm -Tel: ++49-731-502-2785