[gmx-users] best software to design molecules?

Ruben Martinez Buey ruben at akilonia.cib.csic.es
Thu Jun 12 12:46:01 CEST 2003

Hi,
you can try with WHATIF, you can build a protein from scratch with it!

cheers,
Ruben

Christoph Freudenberger wrote:

> I heard that it is possible to mutate some amino acids with the
> Swiss-PDBviewer. But is it also possible to create a
> protein or petide from scratch? Is it possible for
> other (non-biochem) molecules too?
>
> Xavier Periole wrote:
> > Rasmol is pretty good. But you cannot build the protein
> > I recewntly used Swiss-PDBviewer and I had absolutly
> > no problem when submiting the pdb to pdb2gmx.
> >
> > Xavier

> Christoph Freudenberger
> Abt. Organische Chemie I AK Siehl - Uni Ulm -Tel: ++49-731-502-2785

Rubén Martínez-Buey. PhD student
Protein Function and Structure Dept. Lab. 352
Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas (CIB-CSIC)
C/ Velázquez, 144,  28006  MADRID (SPAIN)
Tlf: +34-91-561 18 00 ext. 4380
Fax: +34-91-562 75 18