[gmx-users] Some basics

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Sun Jun 15 23:01:01 CEST 2003

I'd like to second the Frenkel & Smit recommendation; the second
edition also fixed almost all minor typos and things. It is both
reasonably up to date and complete.

If you'd really like to get into the details of the statistical
mechanics theory (ensembles, constraints as a modified hamiltonian,
etc) the book "Computer simulation of Liquids" by Allen & Tildesley is
wonderful. Don't be fooled by the seemingly simple introduction -
chapter 2 took me three weeks to fully understand the first time I read
it :-)

Cheers,

Erik