[gmx-users] new installation

Kay Gottschalk kay.gottschalk at weizmann.ac.il
Sun Jun 22 16:46:01 CEST 2003

Hi there,

I just installed gromacs on a new G4 with Mac os X. First I installed
fftw-3.0 with --enable-mpi and --enable-float (seemed to work, at least
there were no complains), and then I tried to install Gromacs with
--enable-mpi. It complained that it didn't find fftw_mpi.h and
rfftw_mpi.h. Any ideas? As a 'workaround' I did 'ln -s fftw.h
fftw_mpi.h'. Gromacs seems to work, but did I commit an unforgivable
sin? I don't know why the fftw_mpi libraries apparently were not
installed in the first place.
Thanks, Kay.