[gmx-users] computation time

Nagy, Peter I. PNAGY at UTNet.UToledo.Edu
Wed Jun 25 17:04:01 CEST 2003

Dear Gromacs Users!

    I am a novice in these calculations, and we are going to set up a
  computer system for MD calculations.
     My typical systems consist of about 40,000 atoms including SPC water
  atoms. If I want to perform a regular MD calculation for 1-2 ns and
  perhaps fixing the bond lengths, how much real time should I expect for
  completing the calculation either on

    1. Dual Pentium 4 Xeon, 2.4 GHz, 2G RAM

  or

    2. Dual Mac G5, 2.0 GHz, 2G RAM