[gmx-users] surface tension

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Mon Jun 30 19:15:01 CEST 2003

> I would like to reiterate the first question asked:  Is the Parrinello
> algorithm (offically) supported for use with surface tension coupling,
> despite
> the manual stating otherwise?  The source code for versions 3.1.4 and
> cvs seem
> to support this combination.

No, at least not officially. There is a hack in the coupling code which
should make it possible to use, but neither I nor anybody else has
really tested it... One problem is that it isn't obvious what it does
to the true NPT ensemble (which is the only real advantage of P-R
coupling), so I would probably stick to berendsen for surface tension
coupling...

Cheers,

Erik