[gmx-users] freezegroups

Bert de Groot bgroot at gwdg.de
Tue Mar 4 11:34:56 CET 2003

Berk Hess wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Bert, you probably have constraints?
> Atoms in 1-D freezing might still move because the have constraints.

yes that was it. After switching off the constraints the 1D freezing
works. thanks! I guess this applies to both lincs and shake? (I used lincs).

> In 3-D freezing this probably does not happen, since frozen particles
> are only constrained to frozen particles.
> It is not easy to implement combined 1-D freezing and constraining.

I can imagine. Maybe a word of warning in grompp or in the manual would
save people from being caught in the same trap?

cheers,

Bert

Dr. Bert de Groot

Theoretical molecular biophysics group
Am Fassberg 11
37077 Goettingen, Germany

tel: +49-551-2011306, fax: +49-551-2011089

email: bgroot at gwdg.de
http://www.mpibpc.gwdg.de/abteilungen/071/bgroot