[gmx-users] High temperature simulations

Oliver Beckstein oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 4 12:20:38 CET 2003

Hi,

may I add my question to the one Dallas asked:

Are these force fields (ffgmx, GROMOS, OPLSA,...) actually parametrised
for high temperatures (or more precisely: does one expect the
parametrisation to be T-independent (and if yes, over which range)), and
how much can you trust the simulated behaviour of proteins or water at
high T?

(I know at least of two areas where this question may be important: One is
obviously the study of proteins at high temperatures, the other is use
of high T (>500K) simulations in replica exchange simulations to allow for
better sampling of configuration space)

Oliver

Oliver Beckstein * oliver at bioch.ox.ac.uk
 http://indigo1.biop.ox.ac.uk/oliver/