[gmx-users] trjconv -pbc

Andre Farias de Moura andre at qt.dq.ufscar.br
Mon Mar 10 17:19:19 CET 2003

hello david,

the genconf program worked just fine and I could view my
micelles whole again, thank you.

nonetheless, I've got another related question: the analyses
programs (g_gyrate, for instance) consider those molecules
in the central simulation box or do they apply periodic
boundary conditions and the minimum image convention?

I'm not pretty sure, but it seems to me that it is not
enough to apply PBC and minimum image convention to get
the micelle whole again (this procedure would locate the
images nearer the simulation box origin), and it's not
correct to use those molecules in the central box either.
in both cases, the micellar center of mass and radius of
gyration would not be correct, they would change every
time a lipid molecule jumps across the boundary. is that
right?

I think these programs should find out which molecules are
actually in the aggregate before any structural calculation
is performed... I just don't know how to do it yet.

thanks in advance,

andre