[gmx-users] cell exploding

Eric Jakobsson jake at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 11 17:58:32 CET 2003

A possibly naive question, because I only know this stuff at a high
level--it is the people in my lab who know the details:  When you freeze
the RNA, does the RNA still interact electrostatically with the sodium
ions?  If not, then you would have an enormous amount of positive charge in
the sodium ions that would be repelling each other with no counter charge,
would lead to the effect described.  To see, maybe try unfreezing the RNA.

Eric

At 04:59 PM 3/10/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>On Mon, 2003-03-10 at 11:50, Yuguang Mu wrote:
> > I even try tau_p = 10 ps
> > It still explods
>check density and energy as a function of time (even energy components).
>Do you have net charge on the system?
>
>More details please!

> > > maybe too tight p coupling. Set tau_p to 1 ps.

>--
>Groeten, David.

Eric Jakobsson, Ph.D.
Professor, Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, and of
Biochemistry
Senior Research Scientist, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
Professor, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science and Technology
4021 Beckman Institute, mc251
405 N. Mathews Avenue
University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801
ph. 217-244-2896       fax 217-244-2909