[gmx-users] Re: rebuild makefiles for gromacs?

Erik Lindahl lindahl at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 13 22:31:26 CET 2003

On Thursday, Mar 13, 2003, at 13:24 US/Pacific, Fan Hao wrote:

> 	Thanks a lot, Eric. I tried the automake (1.5 version).
> It works now!
> By the way, if I configure with "--enable-x86-asm",
> I think inl????_sse() is used instead of inl????(), is it?

The assembly loops are enabled automatically on x86, unless you turn
them off with --disable-x86-asm.

Assembly versions are used for the most important loops (_sse on
Pentium and Athlon XP, _3dnow on old Athlons), but there are a couple
of cases (like buckingham) where we have to use C loops instead.

Cheers,

Erik