[gmx-users] peptide & bilayer sims

kia balali kiabalali50 at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:40:01 CET 2003

Dear Dr. Lindahl/Van Der Spoel/Feenstra,

Sorry to be a pain again, but the protocol I emailed in to be checked over
was with SPC in the system....without solvent and using the ffgmx2
forcefield....it not surprsingly crashes. My Mistake....apologies

I used the -ter option to cap the N terminus of my peptide with ACE..and put
a COO- on the c terminus...I put in a Na+ counterion near the C teminus and
placed 3 Cl- counter ions near the LYS residues to counteract the peptides
+3 ve...

However grompp gives me three warnings on angles and 1 on proper
dihedrals......I looked up ffgmx2bon.itp...the corresponding angles and
dihedral dont exist... shall i put them in manually with the closest/most
similar value from another angle/dihedral...? or would you recommend another
method??

Do either of you have any suggestions on how I could decrease the potential
energy of my peptide without solvating it? DMSO...could that be an
option??????

Thanks in advance....

best wishes

Kia