[gmx-users] triclinic box too skewed

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Wed Mar 26 09:15:02 CET 2003

B. Nick wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to run a simulation on a polyamide
> crystal structure to test some force field
> parameter changes. The crystal unit cell
> angles are alpha=48.5, beta=77, and gamma=63.5.
> If I try to start any simulation with this
> triclinic system I always get the error:
> Triclinic box is too skewed.
> Does anybody know a way to solve this problem?

Is that grompp that complains, or mdrun? If you are
familiar with C programming, you could simply look for
the error message in the source, and see which check is
made on the box properties. For grompp at least that
would be trivial to change if necessary.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |