[gmx-users] MD simulation on 1 and 4 nodes

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Fri Mar 28 08:47:10 CET 2003

Christoph Freudenberger wrote:
[...]
> But this is the general problem of MD, isn't it?
> You never (really) know, when you have simulated long enough...
> A trajectory of 1ns will be as good (or bad) if comes from
> 1 node or from 4 nodes.
>
> As far as I understood it, this was the initial questions:
> Which of the two trajectories is the "correct" one?

They're both equally correct, as are all other possible combinations
of hardware (MIPS, Intel, AMD, Sparc, HP, IBM, Cray), operating system
(IRIX, Solaris, Linux, BSD, OSX), compiler version, compiler &
optimization options, c/fortran/assembly inner loops, libc version,
use of math libraries & versions, etc.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |