[gmx-users] B-Splines

Lianqing Zheng lzheng at me.rochester.edu
Fri Mar 28 19:34:01 CET 2003

Thanks, Erik! I'm reading that paper. However, it seems that the codes
didn't directly use the recursive definition of Cardinal B-Splines to
evaluate them. Actually, I tried this way in my own SPME code and found it
was very time-consuming due to the recursions. Instead, the Gromacs and
Darden codes are very efficient to get M_n(u-j). What mathematics is
behind this efficient evaluation of B-Splines?

Hope you can understand my question. :) Thanks!

Lianqing