[gmx-users] temperature

Elena Molteni molteni at unisi.it
Mon Mar 31 16:54:01 CEST 2003

Dear all,
I have a strange problem in some of my simulations: the temperature during
the simulation, as written in the md.log files and plotted using g_energy,
is different from the one I gave in input in the parameter file (md.mdp).
For instance, both using weak coupling with tau_t = 0.1 or 0.005 ps, and
specifying T=298 K in md.mdp, I obtain temperature values oscillating
around 312 K; with T=290 K --> around 306 K , but with 370 K in input I
indeed obtain values around 370 K (again with tau_t = 0.1 ps), and all this
on two different peptides, one in water and the other in DMSO. What can be
the reason of such a behaviour? (and possible ways to avoid it).

Thanks in advance

Elena