[gmx-users] Two questions about mac and what about shuffling.

Itamar Kass ikass at cc.huji.ac.il
Wed Nov 5 10:59:01 CET 2003

Hi Erik, Dean and other mac users, I need some help regarding buying computer.
We intend to buy a small cluster for GROMACS (and other staff like CNS etc.).
We are interesting in G5, but in the newsgroup there are reports that there is a
problem with the dual machine, and of some applications.  We wonder if you think
the problems will be fix soon. I guess that because most of the GROMACS users
are PC users (I think), there is not enough work done regarding mac.  Also what
is the performance ratio between G5 and Pentium (Xeon is not an issue)?
   Secondly, we saw at the benchmark page, there is a strange thing there. Why
Dual Pentium machine is more then double faster then two Pentium machines?  Why
in mac this is not the case?
   Thirdly, how do I use "-shuffle", every time I use it, the results from the
simulation are scrambled  and can not be analyzed.

  Thanks, Itamar.

Computers are like airconditioners... They don't work well with Windows
open.