[gmx-users] error in a parallel job

Lanyuan Lu lulanyuan at sina.com
Sat Nov 15 04:16:01 CET 2003

A micelle in CO2. The only particular feature I can think about is that
I used dummy atoms to produce the linear rigid model of CO2. Can
this be a reason? I guess when the gromacs devided the box into 2,
it broke some bonds. maybe that's the reason I got the error for
SHAKE. The input file is like:
[ moleculetype ]
; Name   nrexcl
CO2      3
[ atoms ]
;   nr    type   resnr  residu    atom    cgnr        charge          mass
     1      CO       1     CO2        CO     1          0.6512
     2      OO       1     CO2        OO     1        - 0.3256
     3      OO       1     CO2        OO     1        - 0.3256
     4      RM       1     CO2        RM     1          0.0
     5      RM       1     CO2        RM     1          0.0
[dummies2]
1    4    5    1    0.5
2    4    5    1    -0.0862
3    4    5    1    1.0862
[ constraints ]
4    5    1    0.196
[exclusions]
1 2 3 4 5
2 1 3 4 5
3 1 2 4 5
I calculated the same micelle with single point CO2 model without problem.
But for this 3-site CO2, It breaks often.
Thanks.
Lanyuan Lu