[gmx-users] No molecule type K+

Martina Bertsch, PhD mbe404 at lulu.it.northwestern.edu
Thu Nov 20 00:40:02 CET 2003

Dear Jodi,

The position restraints are molecule-based, therefore they must appear
inside the proper [ molecule_type ] subsection in the .top file. For
example, in your protein.top file, at the end of the listing of all
atoms, bonds, angles and dihedrals, you will find:

; Include position restraint file
#ifdef POSRES
#include "posre.itp"
#endif

after which if you are using, e.g., SPC water, you should also have:

; Include water topology
#ifdef FLEX_SPC
#include "flexspc.itp"
#else
#include "spc.itp"
#endif

Also, at the end of the listing of atoms, bonds, etc. in the dppc.itp,
you will find:

#ifdef POSRES_LIPID
#include "lipid_posre.itp"
#endif

Similarly, the ions.itp file contains a [ molecule_type ] section for
*each* of the separate ions, after which you should
insert the posres statement.

Of course, if you are using ifdef/endif, the *posre.itp will only be
included if the *mdp file defines the appropriate posres.

Best regards,

Martina Bertsch, Ph.D.
Northwestern University
Feinberg School of Medicine
Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry
303 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611