[gmx-users] CVS version

gilles gilles at chem.rug.nl
Tue Nov 25 15:59:01 CET 2003

Hi Alan,

automake 1.7.x does not work with the current cvs snapshot, you have to
use automake 1.5.x instead to create your Makefile.

Gilles

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva wrote:

> Hi List!
> I need help to compiled cvs version.
> I never had problem before.  But now I'm having problems.  I also took a
> look at Mailing-List archives, but I didn't get much.
>
> I'm using Mandrake 9.1 and had to install autoconf2.5-2.57-3mdk
> e automake1.6-1.7.2-3mdk.
>
> automake (GNU automake) 1.7.2
>
> autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.57
>
> Now running ./bootstrap I got:

> ./bootstrap
> share/template/Makefile.am:16: CFLAGS was already defined in condition
> TRUE, which implies condition DOUBLE_TRUE ...
> configure.ac:211: ... `CFLAGS' previously defined here.
> share/template/Makefile.am:18: CFLAGS was already defined in condition
> TRUE, which implies condition DOUBLE_FALSE ...
> src/tools/Makefile.am: object `lsq.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool
> and without
> src/tools/Makefile.am: object `dlist.$(OBJEXT)' created both with libtool
> and without
> Anyway, a configure file is generated.
>
> Now running ./configure:

> ./configure
> [... ok]
> checking if the C compiler supports inline assembly... yes
> configure: error: conditional "am__fastdepCXX" was never defined.
> Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.
>
> So I got no Makefile!
>
> Any help here, please!
>
> Cheers,
>
> --------------------------
> Alan Wilter Sousa da Silva

| Hi! I'm a .signature virus!						|
| Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me spread!			|
|Gilles Pieffet					|
|Molecular Dynamics Group			|
|Dept. of Biophysical Chemistry			|
|University of Groningen			|