[gmx-users] soft core potential

Ilya Chorny ichorny at maxwell.compbio.ucsf.edu
Mon Oct 6 23:04:00 CEST 2003

More specifically. My C12 term has a positive value. My C6 term is 0. I
am only concerned with the C12 term which is
C12/(alpha*sigma^6*lambda^2+r^6)^2
but the sigma value must be C12/C6 which if C6 was zero would blow up.
Does gromacs set the C6 value to sc_sigma^6.

Ilya

If the soft core used a value of zero then it would blow up. What