[gmx-users] DPPC,Water,Protein?

Martina Bertsch, PhD mbe404 at lulu.it.northwestern.edu
Thu Oct 30 22:33:01 CET 2003

Dear Blaise,

To embed a protein into a membrane model, you could try the mdrun program modified by Drs. Tieleman and Smith, available at:

http://www.gromacs.org/contributions/index.php

(Look for mdrun_make_hole.tar.gz <http://www.gromacs.org/contributions/uploaded_contributions/mdrun_make_hole.tar.gz>). A tutorial will be included in share/tutor/make_hole upon installation.

You will also need to generate accessible molecular surface for your protein with GRASP or MSMS (see tutorial).

Finally, in your share/top directory, you should include the newest ffgmx_lipids.tar.gz
available at:

http://gromacs.org/topologies/force_fields.php

that incorporates the parameters from the lipid.itp.

Kind regards,

Martina Bertsch, Ph.D.
Northwestern University
Feinberg School of Medicine
Molecular Pharmacology and Biological Chemistry
303 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611