[gmx-users] MoleculeType not found

Gerrit Groenhof g.Groenhof at chem.rug.nl
Thu Sep 11 15:11:02 CEST 2003

Hi Raj.

Did you by any chance include your cl_ion.itp at the top of your
topolgy file, i.e. before the definition of the protein and the
#include "ffG43a2.itp"
 directive??

if you make your own chloride.itp file it should look like this (or
something like this :-):

[ moleculetype ]
Cl              1

[ atoms ]
; id    at type res nr  residu name     at name  cg nr  charge
1       Cl      1       Cl              Cl       1      -1

Where the atomtype should match the atomtype in the itp and atp files
of the forcefield you're using.

and then you should include it somehwere afer the protein topology
entries. After the #include spc.itp for instance. That should work.

Good luck again,

Gerrit