[gmx-users] Re: [gmx-developers] building block in rtp file

Anton Feenstra feenstra at chem.vu.nl
Tue Sep 16 09:07:06 CEST 2003

Alexandre Suman de Araujo wrote:
> What's the function of a hidden option in a program??? This would help me a lot
> if a knew this a month ago.

Too many options are often very confusing. We have therefore hidden all the
'development' related options (that are used for e.g. debugging purposes).
It is mentioned in the manual, IIRC appendix E: manual pages, that many
programs have one or several hidden options. Type '<program> -h -hidden' to
reveal them. Be warned that many of these options have not been tested, and
therefore may have harmful side-effects.

--
Groetjes,

Anton
|             | "If You See Me Getting High, Knock Me Down"           |
|             | (Red Hot Chili Peppers)                               |