[gmx-users] mpiexec: Warning: main: task 0 died with signal 11

Lars Meinhold lars.meinhold at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Sep 17 14:06:01 CEST 2003

I installed gromacs-3.1.4 on a linux cluster (dual AMD Athlon)
without any trouble. But now when I start "mpiexec ... mdrun_mpi_d ..."
for a parallel computation it crashes with the error message

  mpiexec: Warning: main: task 0 died with signal 11

The MPI-environment is working, all parallel task start ok;
mdrun works for a serial job but crashes for a parallel one.
Using a different compiler does not help.

Has any one some solution for that?  Cheers, Lars M.

Lars Meinhold                           Heidelberg University, IWR
                                        Computational Molecular Biophysics
+49-6221-54 8808 (office R225)          Im Neuenheimer Feld 368
+49-177-737 1809 (mobile)               D - 69120 Heidelberg
lars.meinhold at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de     Germany