[gmx-users] g_energy -fee -f2

Ilya Chorny ichorny at maxwell.compbio.ucsf.edu
Thu Sep 18 20:14:01 CEST 2003

That doesn't make any sense. I need to sample the perturbed state(B)
while I'm on state A in order to d FEP. How is that possible with with
two different trajectories. Would it not be easier just to print the
perturbed energy in out mdrun output.

Thanks,

Ilya

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 09:30, Xavier Periole wrote:
> You ractually have to run two simulations. One would be the reference state
> (A)
> and the other is the perturbated state (B). g_energy calculate the free
> energy difference
> between the two states A and B. G_energy does not generate the perturbation.
>
> XAvier

Ilya Chorny Ph.D.         Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
Postdoctoral Researcher   University of California-San Francisco
phone: (408)-887-8496     Genentech Hall 600 16th St Box 2240
fax: (415)502-1411        San Francisco, Ca, 94107
            email: ichorny at maxwell.ucsf.edu