[gmx-users] POPC Bilayer box

Simon Wang sim_wang03 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 13 09:04:00 CEST 2004

Thanks David:

I tried anisotropic low pressure at either 0.1 bar or 0.5 bar but the water
layer was still squeezed from the corner of the box. I also tried NVT and
the same thing happpened. Please give me more input. Following is the mdp
file I used:

cpp                 =  /lib/cpp
define              =  -DPOSRES_LIPID   -DFLEX_SPC
integrator         =  md
dt                   =  0.002
nsteps             =  25000
nstcomm          =  1
;       Output control
nstxout             =  500.0
nstvout             =  500.0
nstlog               =  500.0
nstenergy           =  500.0
energygrps          =  POPC             SOL
;       Neighbor searching
nstlist                =  10
ns_type             =  grid
pbc                   =  xyz
;       Electrostatics and VdW
coulombtype       =  PME
rlist                    =  0.9
rcoulomb            =  0.9
rvdw                 =  1.2
fourierspacing      =  0.12
pme_order          =  6
ewald_rtol          =  1e-5
optimize_fft        =  yes
;       Temperature coupling
Tcoupl              =  berendsen
tc_grps             =  POPC           SOL
tau_t                =  0.1              0.1
ref_t                =  310              310
;       Pressure coupling
Pcoupl              =  berendsen
pcoupltype        =  anisotropic
tau_p               =  10.0    10.0    10.0     0       0       0
compressibility    =  4.5e-5   4.5e-5  4.5e-5  0       0       0
ref_p                =  0.1      0.1     0.1     0       0       0
;       Velocity generation
gen_vel             =  yes
gen_temp          =  310
gen_seed           =  173529