[gmx-users] Itanium2 assembly loops

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Tue Apr 13 10:02:01 CEST 2004

HI Michel,

The loops are ready, but unfortunately you won't be able to use them on
most systems without some changes to the neighborsearching. Due to the
way the itanium works we can't use water-optimized loops (the normal
loops are just as fast on ia64, anyway). For the same reason it's not
in CVS yet - it's not fully compatible with the current code.

I'm working on backporting an entire module with new
innerloops+neighborsearching, and it shouldn't be very long (think
april), but no promises...

If anybody still wants to have a look at the ia64 code I'd be happy to
send it, but I don't have any time to support it at this stage, meaning
I won't reply to questions about it :-)

Cheers,

Erik