[gmx-users] doubt

Nuno R. L. Ferreira nunolf at ci.uc.pt
Tue Apr 20 12:44:01 CEST 2004

Hi Smith

If your run crashed, than you want to use the original tpr. Tpbconv will start the next run, where the previous run crashed (using of course the outputs from the crashed run), if the crash was due to system powe failure for e.g.  If the crash was due to MD system problems (pressure scaling, box exploding ...) you have to see where the problem is.

If you want to extend a previous run, with the same mdp parameters, use -extend in tpbconv.

To continue a run, but with some parameters changed, like tau_p, you have to create another tpr.  The starting coordinates will be the ones outputed by the previous run, in your case run1.gro. But, at the final, in IMHO, I think you cannot analyse your traj as run1+run2, cause you changed parameters.  The "experimental" conditions are not the same. Unless you want something else.

Think this commands will do the job:
grompp -f new.mdp -c run1.gro -o new.tpr
mdrun -v -s new.tpr

If I'm incorrect, please correct me.

Regards,
Nuno

Nuno Ricardo Santos Loureiro da Silva Ferreira
Departamento de Química
Faculdade de Ciências e Tecnologia
Universidade de Coimbra
3004-535 Coimbra - Portugal