[gmx-users] A question about the dilectric constant of water

Jun Qian jqian at odu.edu
Wed Apr 21 20:26:05 CEST 2004

hi,all! I am new gromacs user. I used gromacs with SPC water model(216
molecules) and nothing else in the simulation object. Without electric
field, dilectric constant is equal to 3.8 after about 200ps. When An
electric field 1 V/nm was applied, dielectric constant of water is 3.7
after 200ps. Both 3.8 and 3.7 are much smaller than real water dielectric
contant 80.

Anybody has any idea, thank you in advance!

Jun