[gmx-users] Installing GROMACS on Windows

Milan Melichercik melicher at cray.dbp.fmph.uniba.sk
Fri Apr 23 16:03:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 02:41:04PM +0200, Martin Ulmschneider wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to compile and install GROMACS in Win2000. The binaries
> provided are not sufficient since i want to modify the code a little.
>
> I have Microsoft Visual C++ and GCC, both support ANSI C.

at ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/developer/ you can find developers archive for
building gromacs 3.1.x (I don't know if they works with 3.2.x cause I didn't
test them) and fftw 2.1.x under MS Visual C - see README file for next
instructions
but there is one bug if you want to use SSE2 asm loops (for intel P4 at xeon
processors) - if somebody needs it, I could wtite

Milan