[gmx-users] ATP and Gromacs

Kamil Tamiola kamilt at ibmb.uni.wroc.pl
Mon Apr 26 19:50:01 CEST 2004

Well I've made a mistake and responded to the wrong message.

Here is a small  tip:

Please check your input file (ATP section)  and compare it with ffgmx.rtp topology file.  It seems that You will have to change the name of Your ATP atom PG to the name listed in ffgmx.rtp. If You are not succesfull please try to reconstuct Your topology by calculationg a new one . You can do it with http://davapc1.bioch.dundee.ac.uk/programs/prodrg/prodrg.html ProdG server.

As for the hydrolysis, You will not be able to simulate the phenomenum of ATP hydrolysis unless You use the quantum approach. A typical MD can't simulate covalent bond formation.

Good Luck

Kamil