[gmx-users] g_covar calculates the eigenvalues

Jinzhi Tan jztan at mail.shcnc.ac.cn
Tue Apr 27 09:39:01 CEST 2004

Hi, everyone:
I just used g_covar to get the eigenvalues and eigenvectors. The followings is parts of the eigenval.xvg file. The second volume values are eigenvalues, aren't they? My problem is if I can add all the eigenvalues to get the total value? And then get the percentage of each eigenvalue in total. Just like the first eigenvalue is 3.52687 , the total value is 15.03, then the percentage is 23.4%. I am not sure whether I am right or not. Could you tell me? Thank you very much!

The eigenval.xvg is the following:
         1 3.52687
         2 2.27773
         3 1.14664