[gmx-users] Compilation problem on sgi irix 6.5

herbst at fhi-berlin.mpg.de herbst at fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Apr 28 14:43:01 CEST 2004

Hello,

when I try to configure gromacs on a sgi irix 6.5 mashine I get the
following error message:
checking for sfftw.h... yes
checking for fftw.h... yes
configure: error: Cannot find any single precision sfftw.h or fftw.h
Do you have single precision FFTW installed? If you are using packages,
note that you also need fftw-devel to compile GROMACS. You can find the
software at www.fftw.org, and detailed instructions at www.gromacs.org.
If you compiled FFTW yourself:
Note that the default FFTW setup is double precision. Change the FFTW
configuration to single with --enable-float. If you want MPI support,
use --enable-mpi. It is a good idea to install both single & double.
If your sysadm doesn't want to install it you can do it to a location
in your home directory and provide the correct paths in the CPPFLAGS
and LDFLAGS environment variables before running configure.
That is also necessary to do if your compiler doesn't search
/usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib by default.

Somehow gromacs does not find  sfftw.h or fftw.h, but they are in the
right directories, and I configured fftw with single precision as
suggested above. I also added to the configure script:
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include"
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"

Has anyone an idea what I should do?
I am really in need of help!