[gmx-users] Mailing list issue fixed

Erik Lindahl lindahl at csb.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 30 11:03:01 CEST 2004

Hi,

Not a lot (if anything) for today's typical biological problems since
the effective interactions are almost always dipole-dipole (or decaying
even faster), so we can use fairly short cutoffs.

However, that doesn't mean it wouldn't be useful - I could imagine
large (simplified) membrane systems or other setups where it would be
much faster...

Cheers,

Erik