[gmx-users] pressure scaling

nicolas Dinter dinter at rc.m-kagaku.co.jp
Tue Aug 3 07:51:24 CEST 2004

Dear Berk,

I used a tau_p = 10, then I tried different values for compressibility:
1st:4.5e-5 (initial crash), 14.5e-5, 0.5e-5, 0.5e-6, 0.5e-4 and 4.5e-3. But
there isn't many changes, the cash occured allmost at the same step: 303
(4.5e-5),291 (14.5e-5),301 (0.5e-5),301 (0.5e-6),299(0.5e-4) and 293
(4.5e-3).
Ok so if I undestood well the pressure scaling error occurs when the box
enter in resonance, but normaly with low compressibility it must not occur
or at least at different steps (more difficult to change the box) especialy
with low pressure.

So I would like to know which are the parameter which drive this error:
there is the time step (I took:0.0005ps), the tau_p parameter (I took 10ps)
and the compressibility. And what else?

I still not well undestand what does represent tau_p is my draw is a correct
understanding? (see atached file).

Thank for any help.

Nicolas.