[gmx-users] grompp error

Steffen Haerterich haerterich at apollo1.pharmazie.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Aug 5 11:32:29 CEST 2004

Hallo Anton,
thanks for your comment.
After some testing I consider it to be absolutely correct but there is some truth
my own statement, too:

1. Adjusting "Protein" to "Protei" within the system:
 [ molecules ]
  ; Compound          #mols
  Protei                     1

-> Described error with grompp

2. Adjusting "Protein" to "Protei" within the topology:

  [ moleculetype ]
  ; name                nrexcl
  Protei                  3

-> Described error with grompp

3. Adjusting both to "Protei":

  [ moleculetype ]
  ; name                nrexcl
  Protei                  3

  [ molecules ]
  ; Compound          #mols
  Protei                     1

-> Now it works!

I have to add that I did not mention any index-groups within my mdp-file. So
this is only testing the topology-files.
Going further with an mdp using groups:

Applying energygrps = Protein
-> still works

Applying enerygrps = Protei
-> Error reoccurs

So it seems that the error reported by Dinesh might be (perhaps and under
some certain circumstances) due to an error within the topology and/or mdp-
file.
I hope that I did not miss something important.

Regards,
  Steffen