[gmx-users] MPI runing problem

Oliver Beckstein oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 9 20:10:35 CEST 2004

> Fatal error: run input file min.tpr was made for 3 nodes,
>              while mdrun_mpi_d expected it to be for 1 nodes.

(a) Make sure that you created your tpr file for 3 nodes, ie
    'grompp -np 3 ...'

(b) For my LAM/MPI installation I would say something like

  mpirun C -np 3 mdrun_mpi_d -np 3 -s 3node.tpr ...

  (assuming that the parallel environment is setup for running on 3 nodes)

  I don't know what system you're using but I definitely have to run multi
  processor jobs through mpirun.

hth
Oliver