[gmx-users] posre.itp

Christopher Tran chr.tran at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 18 21:21:00 CEST 2004

Quoting Sichun Yang <syang at physics.ucsd.edu>:

> Thank you for your response.
>
> Now I used define = -DPOSRE. But when I check the log file of grompp,
> I found as follows:
>
>  position_restraints:                 atoms               invalid
>
> Does it mean that posre.itp isn't included yet? I also search the log
> file, I can't find the posre.itp has been called? What did I miss?
> What is the 'ideal' location of  posre.itp?
>
> Thanks,
> -Sichun

A good place for posre.itp would be in your working directory; ie the same
directory as all of your other files for your simulation, and the same
directory where you run Gromacs commands.  As posre.itp will be different for
different proteins, I wouldn't suggest putting it into gmx/share/top.

Christopher Tran