[gmx-users] (no subject)

mn2 at hw.ac.uk mn2 at hw.ac.uk
Fri Aug 20 11:30:56 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.I downloaded the Gromacs in my home directory and the
compiler is centrally installed.However,I checked the `config.log' and it
says as follows:

configure:2420: cc -V </dev/null >&5
cc: `-V' option must have argument
configure:2450:
cc  /home/bio/mn2/usr/local/include/ /home/bio/mn2/usr/local/lib/
conftest.c  >&5
/home/bio/mn2/usr/local/include/: file not recognized: Is a directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

With regard,

Abu

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:10:08 +0200, Peter Zoon <zoon at science.uva.nl> wrote:

> Hi!
> what does the`config.log' say?
> maybe you do not have permission to write to the installation
> directory?
>
> cheers
> Peter
> >Hi There!
> >I have just started with Gromacs and getting the following error
> message:
> >
> >checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> >checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> >checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
> >checking whether build environment is sane... yes
> >checking for gawk... gawk
> >checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
> >checking for cc... cc
> >checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C
> compiler
> >cannot create executables
> >See `config.log' for more details.
> >
> >Is there anyone who can help me with this problem?
> >
> >Abu

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient
you are prohibited from using any of the information contained
in this e-mail.  In such a case, please destroy all copies in
your possession and notify the sender by reply e-mail.  Heriot
Watt University does not accept liability or responsibility
for changes made to this e-mail after it was sent, or for
viruses transmitted through this e-mail.  Opinions, comments,
conclusions and other information in this e-mail that do not
relate to the official business of Heriot Watt University are
not endorsed by it.