[gmx-users] Block averaging

Oliver Beckstein oliver at biop.ox.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 20:38:39 CEST 2004

> could someone give me a reference on the subject of error estimates using block
> averages?

@article{Flyvbjerg89,
  author =       {H. Flyvbjerg and H. G. Petersen},
  title =        {Error estimates on averages of correlated data},
  publisher =    {AIP},
  year =         1989,
  journal =      JChemPhys,
  volume =       91,
  number =       1,
  pages =        {461--466},
  keywords =     {ERRORS; DATA EVALUATION; DATA ANALYSIS; COMPUTERIZED
                  SIMULATION; CORRELATION FUNCTIONS; CORRELATION
                  LENGTH; RENORMALIZATION GROUP METHOD; block average},
  annote =       {blocking average method (see W. Smith's 2002 CCCP5
                  notes},
  eprint =       {http://link.aip.org/link/?JCP/91/461/1}
}

@PhdThesis{Hess99,
  author =       {Berk Hess},
  title =        {Stochastic concepts in molecular simulation},
  school =       {Rijksuniversiteit Groningen},
  year =         1999,
  address =      {Groningen},
  url =          {http://www.ub.rug.nl/eldoc/dis/science/b.hess/}
}