[gmx-users] Transition State Optimization Algorithms in GROMACS

Gerrit Groenhof G.Groenhof at chem.rug.nl
Thu Aug 26 10:38:44 CEST 2004

> On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 07:55, Dr Seth Carlton OLSEN wrote:
> > Dear Collegues,
> >
> > Is there a transition state optimization algorithm available for use with the GROMACS package?  If so, are there examples of its use in the literature?
> >
> I'm not aware of anything. Gromacs does not know anything about
> reactions, however, you could probably do a minimization with
> restraints.

Indeed, if you can define your reaction coordinate in terms of bonds
you can simply constrain thatdegree of freedom, while minimizing all
the others. I am creating a web tutorial on QM/MM with gromacs
demonstrating how to use such so-called linear transit to calculate
reaction pathways and locate transition states. But of course it will
work without QM as well.

Good luck,

Gerrit